Happy Fall!
Fall is Jeff's and my favorite time of year. We love cooking Fall foods, sitting by warm fires, and decorating for the holidays. A new reason for us to love Fall is that Eamon's birthday is in October. We've been telling him for months that his birthday will be "when the pumpkins get big." Now that there are pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns everywhere, he can hardly contain himself!
We spent the weekend decorating the house for Halloween, putting out the creepy candle holders and fake spider webs, spooky trees and ghoulish characters. This is the kids' first Fall with us, so we are trying to encourage them to love the season as much as we do. I think making smores in the fireplace while watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown will cinch the deal.
On another note, for those of you who will be traveling to pick up your children soon, please check out the Covering The World post on Rhyne & Jake. It is a project in which knitted caps are donated to orphanages to help keep the little ones warm. If this is something you are interested in, please also check out Steph's Warm Feet, Warm Hearts project. Between the two of them, they've got both the heads and toes of children covered! Since the only thing I know how to knit is a scarf, maybe I should start a warm necks project?
We spent the weekend decorating the house for Halloween, putting out the creepy candle holders and fake spider webs, spooky trees and ghoulish characters. This is the kids' first Fall with us, so we are trying to encourage them to love the season as much as we do. I think making smores in the fireplace while watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown will cinch the deal.
On another note, for those of you who will be traveling to pick up your children soon, please check out the Covering The World post on Rhyne & Jake. It is a project in which knitted caps are donated to orphanages to help keep the little ones warm. If this is something you are interested in, please also check out Steph's Warm Feet, Warm Hearts project. Between the two of them, they've got both the heads and toes of children covered! Since the only thing I know how to knit is a scarf, maybe I should start a warm necks project?





Ooooh, I love Halloween! And fall too. Soup season. Chili, yum! I was so happy to see rain today, even.
What are the kids going to be for Halloween? Something Disney, perhaps? :-)
OOohhh Fall is my favourite too! Especially the colours, leaves and soup.
Don't worry about the scarf thing - despite the fact that I have been learning to knit since I was in brownies (about 20 years ago +) I can still only manage a scarf, even then someone else has to finish it for me. Oy, wow am I bad!
You just reminded me to take out all my Halloween candle stuff. Last year I was lame and didn't put it up. But this year I will make the effort.
Fall is the best time of year to be born in. ( I am a Thanksgiving baby myself) The changing leaves and all the festivities. Woo Hoo.
I get giddy when it's time to wear my scarves again! Needless to say, I heart Fall.
I'm an October baby as well, so give Eamon a high five for me :o)
Can Rachel come and hang at your house for fall!? You guys rock for decorations! The Shawver's will be over to enjoy the fire and some smores!
I love autumn, too. It's my favorite season. Sweaters and jeans and no coats -- perfect!
It must be so fun teaching your children about new holidays and traditions.
I put my Halloween stuff in my class too. I live in a back house so no one sees my decorations, but I at least put it in my class. I have to decorate. It is my fave time of the year.
My middle son would luv you. He wants to put up all of our Halloween stuff, but my oldest son is making him wait because he is embarrassed that it is too early.
I did go to the store and let him pick out a skeleton and some webbing. He has big plans for Halloween.
Thanks for the link! While summer is by far my favorite, I do love fall for many reasons. I have been collecting holiday things (halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas) for many years in anticipation of children, so when they finally get here, it's going to be so COOL!