Thanks
Thank you all for your kind words of support. It is a difficult time, but writing my feelings for Gramps down has helped me begin to deal with the loss. Right now, it all still feels a bit unreal. We'll be heading back to Chicago for his memorial during the first week of December, and I imagine then it will really hit home.
Anyway, thanks for indulging me and taking the time to read about my grandfather. One old family friend said, "If I know Tony (Gramps), he's already got a poker game going up in Heaven."
You know what? I think she may be right.
Anyway, thanks for indulging me and taking the time to read about my grandfather. One old family friend said, "If I know Tony (Gramps), he's already got a poker game going up in Heaven."
You know what? I think she may be right.

I love the idea that your Gramps is playing poker.
And he's winning every hand.
(((hugs)))
Hopefully his poker buddies in Heaven use "real money". That's the way he liked to play.
Sorry to hear of your loss!!
Our thoughts are with you guys!
He sounded like a great guy!!
Here is to a nice Royal Flush!!!
Have a great game!!
:)
I am really sorry to hear about your Grandpa, I read it on your mom's blog, her tribute with pictures was beautiful!
My deepest sympathies