Saturday Serenade
While cleaning the upstairs of our house, I heard a little fight brewing between Vika and Eamon downstairs. Jeff was down there with them, so I trusted him to handle the situation. But then I heard him singing this, to the tune of "Chico and the Man," and had to go down and join his serenade.
Vika, don't be discouraged,
Eamon he ain't so hard to understand...
(Apparently, after Jeff talked to both kids, Vika was still a bit put out over Eamon's behavior.)
And I know, things will be better.
Oh yes they will for Vika and Eamon.
Oh yes they will for Vika and Eamon!
Well, we may have made complete fools of ourselves, but it seemed to work for Vika. Her spirits were lifted and she skipped off to resume playing with Eamon.
Vika, don't be discouraged,
Eamon he ain't so hard to understand...
(Apparently, after Jeff talked to both kids, Vika was still a bit put out over Eamon's behavior.)
And I know, things will be better.
Oh yes they will for Vika and Eamon.
Oh yes they will for Vika and Eamon!
Well, we may have made complete fools of ourselves, but it seemed to work for Vika. Her spirits were lifted and she skipped off to resume playing with Eamon.

I don't know that tune so I expect Jeff to sing it for me tomorrow!
I don't know it either, but am glad music "soothed the savage beast".
can I rent jeff when the time comes???
heh heh I like that
Love the name of your blog.
And that is a classic Dad story.
That is seriously too cute!! I sing things to my kids sometimes when I'm frustrated. While it makes me smile, it tends to make them downright laugh :-)
I dont know the tune, but I think its cool that you guys dont worry about looking silly to help your kids. Your awsome :)