Everything's Beachy!
Jeff, the kids and I took a much needed trip to the beach yesterday. It's been about 150 degrees at our house, and the cool breezes off the ocean beckoned. Happily, it was a perfect 70 degrees at the beach, and while the water was entirely too cold (the Pacific always is), it was still fun to walk through the waves and dig in the sand. Jeff even threw out a line, but sadly, he didn’t catch any fish.

An unexpected highlight occurred when Lex from “Survivor” pulled up to the beach on his motorcycle with a bunch of friends. Those of you who know me personally know that I am a HUGE “Survivor” fan. I watch the show religiously, much to Jeff’s dismay. Unfortunately, not having any of my “Survivor” friends with me (you know who you are), I did not have the nerve to go up to Lex and say “Hi.” He and his friends were just having a day at the beach, and it seemed somehow rude to disturb them. So, instead, I snapped this photo, paparazzi-style, and sucked up my regret at being such a coward.

We had a lovely day at the beach, and it was just the break we needed. Jeff and I were very proud of how well the Vika and Eamon did. We’ve had some rough times lately with grief and post-traumatic-stress issues in the kids, so taking some time to reconnect as a family was just what the doctor ordered.

Jenni, we always do the feet in the sand pix too!
And I must confess, we are big Survivor watchers here too. I wasn't a Lex fan, but still it would have been exciting to have such a "sighting!"
Personally, I always thought Lex was a bit paranoid and scary. Which is also part of the reason why I didn't have the nerve to approach him! Now Rupert, that would have been something else. :)
Stalker!!!! :)
What about Burton...now I would not be able to restrain myself. Or Ethan. Oh, Ethan.
But Lex ain't chopped liver. I'm glad you had fun at the beach, because it is WAY to friggin' hot around here!
Yes, Burton would have been nice to see in person. Especially if he was in a bathing suit. :) Ethan I would probably have the nerve to approach. He just seems like a nice guy.